Randolph Air Force Base is part of Joint Base San Antonio consisting of United States Army Fort Sam Houston, Randolph AFB and Lackland Air Force Base. The Spanish Colonial Revival architectural style of the original buildings at Randolph AFB dates back to 1931. KNRG Architects organized the restoration and preservation of the base historic chapel. Along with the restorations, many upgrades were necessary to bring the chapel into code compliance. KNRG designed and coordinated the interior installation of new fire alarm systems, electrical wiring and lighting, a new water heating system and the replacement and upgrades to the air conditioning/heating system. The design also included a new site drainage system and two new exterior ramps providing accessibility for entering and exiting the existing building. The code compliant designs were completed with little disturbance to the original interior and exterior of the chapel.