Beginning in 1931, Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio became the flying-training facility for the Army Air Corps, then the United States Army Air Forces and currently, the Air Force. Known as the “Showplace of the Air Force,” Randolph AFB was designed with the Spanish Colonial Revival style of architecture. KNRG Architects coordinated the renovation and restoration of the historic chapel on base. Historic doors, woodwork and stained glass windows were repaired and restored. Existing interior and exterior plaster finishes and trim were repaired. Copper gutters and downspouts were cleaned and repaired. Finally, the existing barrel tile roofing was repaired and restored. KNRG and the team repaired and restored this historic chapel while maintaining a seamless appearance between the repairs and the original building materials.